Chapter Student Accommodations
Working in conjunction with the client's architects, Oakwoods recently completed the £260,000 refurbishment of the reception, foyer, students lounge, studio & gym of Chapter Student Accommodations. Originally the area was quite bland with white plasterboard ceilings and walls (see original photos).
In brief, our re-fit work comprised of:
- Removal of the plasterboard ceilings and wall linings to expose the structure and services
- Construction of raised oak timber floors and study bar with all associated metal balustrades
- New polished concrete effect floor screeds to other areas with sheet vinyl in the gym
- Acoustic wall panelling supplied by our own joiners shop and was fitted and decorated
- Refurbishment of the existing reception desk
- Manufacture and installation of bespoke joinery, bench seating, mobile seating, kitchenette, metal shelving units etc.
- All the associated electrical, mechanical and decorating works
We understand our client was very happy with the finished result and the occupancy of the student apartments has increased considerably.