Working in conjunction with the clients architects Oakwoods recently completed the £260000 refurbishment of the reception, foyer, students lounge, studio & gym. Originally the area was quite bland with white plasterboard ceilings and plasterboard walls. (see original photos)
In brief our work comprised:-
- Removal of the plasterboard ceilings and wall linings to expose the structure and services.
- Construction of raised oak timber floors and study bar with all associated metal balustrades.
- New polished concrete effect floor screeds to other areas with sheet vinyl in the gym.
- Acoustic wall panelling supplied by our own joiners shop was fitted and decorated insitu.
- Refurbishment of the existing reception desk.
- Manufacture and installation of bespoke joinery, bench seating, mobile seating, kitchenette, metal shelving units etc.
- All the associated electrical, mechanical and decorating works.
We understand our client was very happy with the finished result and occupancy of the student apartments has increased considerably.